Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hello!

My name is Meg and I design things sometimes.  I take pictures of things and animate vectors for instillation art pieces.  I'm still in undergrad, but I'm 28 and a half so I believe I've got the tiniest bit more idea about who I am as an artist.

I've done some work with a non profit theatre in Indianapolis and am now finishing my degree in Chicago because really, I just want to be in grad school.  I don't really know why I'm writing this blog entry like a cover letter for a job, but there you go.  I want to work in non profit and teach art to kids whose schools have cut funding for art, music and theatre programs.  In an ideal world, this would function in a non profit gallery with a performance space to showcase up and coming artists and musicians.  On the upper floors of this wonderful, imaginary space, would be artist studios and spaces to teach.

I am grateful every day that I went to a large high school where bullying and violence was not tolerated and we had access to various forms of art and performance.  I don't know that all of us in the Thespian troupe, speech team, choirs, and bands...would have survived high school without each other.   Sure we all deal with the same growing pains, but I don't see why the football team should be so glorified in their outlet to do well and kids who are great performers, artists or singers should be denied such opportunities.  I want a company which focuses on positive reinforcement whether they are good at sports, math, dancing or underwater basket weaving.  There is a place for all of us so long as we are all good to one another.

And now, the smart ass banana:

Wonderful, I hope you enjoyed my test post.  I'm going to do my damndest to keep up with this thing.  I'm building a portfolio website as I figure out how to code it properly.  This place is here to show off as I continue to explore my life long quest of defining myself as an artist.  Thanks for tagging along!

-Meg H

No comments:

Post a Comment